Saturday, September 17, 2011

Warmth

I am a desert girl that lives in the mountains.... and winter is coming on. 
I walked out the other day, a perfect day, and it must have been 70 degrees out.  It was too cold.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me feel to have the hot hot sun shining down on me.  70 degrees is great for the everyone but me, it seems.   

Well, here is my fix:-)


We are installing this Jotul stove.  Isn't it beautiful?  This is what the dream of winter is all about.  On those ski vacation promotions you don't see cold and dreary people taking that last run of the day.  You see them skiing in the sun and then you see them sipping hot drinks around a roaring fire. 

So, thanks to a school system that will teach my kids, I will get to live that dream.  Slade is in first grade this year, which means they are both in all day school.  Looks like I will get to slip out for an hour and cross country ski again.  And in the evening when it is dark here at 5:00, I can help kids with homework around a hot stove.  Doesn't that just sound perfect? 

So here is to the new stove and a cozy winter!

Plus, this means I get to do some tile work.  Here is my excuse to use this great glass and marble tile for the hearth.  I do enjoy working with tile.  It is such a permanent and non bending material.  Sooo very different from my usual medium.  I will post pictures if it turns out okay. 





No comments: