Wednesday, March 9, 2011

silk trip



Just a little hello.  We came back from a wonderful trip to L.A.  I bought some awful lace and some insanely perfect lace.  I bought too much shantung silk.... I make wedding dresses, why all of the color?  Oh, because it is so good, you almost want to eat the stuff. 

I love when the garment district guys say, "I am loosing money on this for you, loosing money!"  That was by far my favorite phrase. 

It was great to see my dad's reaction to the district.  I think he was a bit overwhelmed.  Don't tell him I said that.  He would flatly deny it. 

Have a wonderful day.  Hopefully I will post a few pictures later.

3 comments:

Taryn said...

so fun! and thanks for your tips on silk locally - i'll keep searching. there's just nothing like california for good fabric though :) looks like you may have some fun projects ahead if you ever have time in between making your wedding dresses!

Autumn Day said...

Absolutely no such thing as too much shantung. Just no such thing. Oh the jealousy.

Unknown said...

seriously jealous!

these are gorgeous.