Saturday, February 9, 2013

Hope in France


I never know where to begin.  

There are so many details.  
I feel that to start the story is too overwhelming. 

I will attempt.

Hope came to Utah for a dress.  It involved a convertible Mustang Upgrade from the rental company.  Her great friend.  And staying in Park City.  They both had to work while here and Hope had fittings.  But from my view it looked like a pretty nice girl weekend in the end. 

I really got a kick out of these two.  There is always something extra from my out of town brides.  It is an intense time.  I am overwhelmed by all that needs to get done in such a short amount of time.  The bride and her onterage end up being my entertainment for that time.  

So thanks for the conversation. 



Fast forward to yesterday morning.  That means Monday.  The day after an episode of Downton Abbey.  I woke all yucky from a cold.  The Husband got the kids off to the bus.    Once the house was quiet, I started reading.  It is a silly book that deals with the whole Jane Austin time period.  Finished it, which is pretty crazy for me.  I am not a "read in the morning" type of person.  I think I was quite under the weather.  Look, now I sound like them. 

Anyway, when I got up finally, I checked my email.  I had a gift from Hope.  It was a bit eery to  go through these right after a good session with Downton Abbey and the book I finished.  I felt like I was living the dream.  Vicariously, of course, through a brides photos.  You get the idea, though.  

Oh, quick detail, Hope and Kevin married in France.  

Not only did they choose the most picturesque location, they chose a photographer, Sebastien Boudot, to beautifully capture the intimate celebration.     




What is it about these images that are so compelling?  




Sans the Thai finger food pictured later, 
don't all of these images belong in a BBC Masterpiece Classic series?   








Isn't this the sweetest thing?



It rained.  Which makes it seem more authentic.   

























  The perfect little moment.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

Gorgeous dress Melissa! And so fun to catch a glimpse at the life of the Blackburns again...miss you!