Thursday, June 9, 2011

Summer with The Mug



The kids beg to play WII, they also want candy.  The thing they plead for the most is a visit to the canyon's local shaved ice stand, The Mug.  It is finally warm enough to get some shaved ice.  I imagine this will be a bi-weekly thing for us.  Far less than they would want it.  Still a good tradition. 

When I was young, it was "The Purple Turtle".  It is the old school shake place in Pleasant Grove.  You can still get great shakes there and Tater Tots.  Are tater tots a Utah thing?  Okay, my other question.  What are your summer traditions?  I don't want to miss out on anything.  Let me know. 

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

My kiddos are excited for the Mug as well! We called the Purple Turtle the Turple Purtle. Another fun place to go (in the summer heat) is to Taco Amigo to get a glacier---yum!