Sunday, May 22, 2011

Am I Crazy?

Some dresses speak easily about what they want to be.  They drape this way or that and let me know how we should proceed.  Others I stubbornly decide for it.  I am not saying one method is better than the other.  They are just my realities. 

I am working on Jenny's dress.  She came with one idea, but during the first fitting, we were playing with the skirt fabric and it did some cool things.... which led us in a different direction than planned.  I feel the new way is insanely beautiful and opens up so many opportunities to make a "gown" instead of a "dress". 

Then there is Abi's dress. Anyone who knows me, knows I will be very boring until this project is done. I am not saying that I am interesting when I am not working on such a project, I am just extra boring when I am in an obsessive moment like this one.





It is the end.  I get to bead tomorrow all day and hope for the best.  This is the skirt laying on our chair.  I do love it when it is in a heap.  I just hope I can love it when it is attached to the bodice like a proper gown.  This dress has the potential to be greeted with open arms by those who see it.  It is also a departure from the norm.... which I love.... but which others might not "get". 

I hope you all have a good night.  I shall dream about Swarovski crystals and over sized vintage pearls.  Maybe I will come up with something perfect for the flowers while sleeping.  I get lucky like that sometimes. 











3 comments:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

I LOVE your obsessiveness! I just love how fabric works it's way into your mind. I would love to hear your mind talk while you work one day. It would be so insanely fun!!! :) Someday, maybe, when i am better. When my heart is healed, i hope I will be able to.

Jeanette said...

I LOVE your creations! I'm sure it can be quite hectic this time of year with the dresses you are currently working on.

It was so cool that you got named in that Wedding Planner book as one of the top ten up and coming wedding dress designers! That is an indicator of something all of your blog followers already know; you are fabulous!

Emily Grace said...

What a wonderful heap of gown on that chair!