Wednesday, June 4, 2014

The Little Brick House's Floors


 There has been such a push to get things done before the boys are out of school, I haven't had a second to post.  Because I have so many things to show, I thought I would focus on the floors today.  

We took out the kitchen floor to the joists.  


This is the view of the basement room underneath the kitchen.  


Plywood and cement board.  Love the clean, non-creaky floor.  



******************************


This slanted picture is the before shot showing where the wall of the bedroom used to be.    It was centrally located, so every time I walked through, it would bug me.  


 I shouldn't have worried.  It was a bit tricky but smoothly executed by my dad.  The channel is one inch wider on one side than the other.  I always laugh at how critical he is of his own work.  We have refinished the floors and you can't tell where this was channel was located.  Another great job by Paul C.





**************************

Sigh, the bathroom tile job was the best ever, because of the previously owned tile saw I picked up.  I might be more excited about this than anything else on the project.  I can tile until the cows come home because I won't be in a hurry to take it back to the rental place by the end of the day.

Isn't it pretty?






I am still really enjoying the project.  I can't believe how lucky I am to be doing this.

No comments: