Thursday, June 19, 2014

Little Red Brick House... the walls

Just a few pictures and stories about the walls....
  



The plan was to seal up this wall so we could create the master bedroom again.  The other rooms were too small to fit a queen sized bed.  When dad was working by himself one Saturday, a woman came by.  She had offered on the house when it was on the market.  She was quite outspoken about sealing up that wall.  She thought we were crazy, because "people need a place to do things".  She went through the house and bluntly criticized everything we were doing.  

I wish I was there for that interaction.  



My dad's cousin, Jim Harvey, is our drywall guy.  He helped with the last house we did.  Everything I know about drywall and mudding, I learned from him.  Whenever he shows up, it is a good day.  He is happy, full of energy, and progress is always made.  His allergies would act up around this house, so he hasn't been around as much.  I am so grateful for him and for all he has shown me.  I would have been at a loss otherwise. 



This is the view of the dinning room on the left side and the hallway.  Silly, but just getting texture on the walls made such a difference for the house.  


Mudding and texture seemed to take forever.  I was so happy to finally be done.  It is funny, though, because once you accomplish something, you have a moment to analyze all of the other things you need to do.  

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

The house is looking fabulous! And that bathroom? My goodness...I swoon over the tiles and clean lines!

grammy and pa adams said...

It's looking great! We feel bad your dad had to listen to that lady criticise all your hard work. Keep it up. We continue to enjoy the great things you and your dad are doing.

debbie said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures. I was thinking how much I'd like to see how the house was coming and, like magic, there were pictures.