Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Little Brick House's Basement

This is the "before" picture of the basement without some low hanging pipes that we already removed.  I will say that this is a short little room.  


We build a wall on one side so we could contain all of the plumbing for the kitchen. 


Here is the room with the wall removed so you can see into the crawl space.  


This is the door that dad replaced.  This is dad looking at the door he replaced.


The room all sealed up with drywall.  







*********************

We finally finished the house except for a small bit of rain gutter that I thought could wait until after the family vacation to Grandma's and Grandpa's house.  Well, I was wrong.  Utah Valley was hit by a crazy rainstorm the day we left and the day the house was listed.  Yep,  the day the house listed.  Because I didn't put that last few pieces of rain gutter up, it flooded the basement.

So as we were enjoying beautiful Oregon I was trying to arrange for clean up, etc.  Of course dad made everything work out until I could get home.



Loved this shot of Slade photo bombing the family photo.  

****************************

When we got back to reality, dad worked on a cement curb to keep the water flowing in the right direction.


I got the "opportunity" to learn how to re-install carpet.  I found out that you can't do it without a carpet stretcher.  I tried to do it without but realize, again, my dad is always right.... you have to use the right tools.  I have heard that a time or two.  


Now we wait until someone wants to make this house their home.

1 comment:

Emily Heizer Photography said...

I was in Utah for funeral this weekend Melissa, and I grabbed a copy of Utah Bride at the airport on the way home on a whim. When I finally cracked it open on my connecting flight I was DYING because there you were!!!!!!!!! COngratulations on the feature! You totally come across as such a dynamo in it, it's awesome! I just hope by the time I find my special someone you're not too famous to work with us little people! lol