Saturday, February 12, 2011

Funny Face with Audrey Hepburn


Funny Face has got to be one of my favorite movies... for the costumes, cast, and overall wonderfulness of it.  Is that a word?  Probably not. 

I would love to talk about Audrey Hepburn, but she is such a legend, I really couldn't do her justice.  The woman behind these costumes is pretty legendary as well.  But only tonight did I put two and two together.  The designer of this movie and so many others, is Edith Head.  Who knew?  Well, I didn't. 

I feel like I haven't thrown around my respect the way I should.  I should KNOW who did this movie.  How terrible that I didn't.  I have watched it enough.  I know just what the wedding dress looks like as Audrey dances with Fred on the banks of the Seine.  Is that where they danced?  I know this image of Audrey going down the steps in the Louvre with this insanely breathtaking gown.  But I didn't know who was behind these creations.  Shame on me.  I now know what I will be reading up on in the next few days. 

This is where this post turns from Audrey and gowns to my random life.  


I just had a wonderful night with the boys.  We went to a perfect wedding lunch for Brittany.  Pictures will be posted later.  It was great to go to the event.  It is nice to see the dress on the day and I loved that I got to talk to a few previous brides and some moms.  I am lucky to work with such kind and happy people!  After that, we walked around SLC.  When it was time to go back to the car, Hank was quite sad about it and wanted to keep exploring.  I bribed him with the promise of a mango lassie at one of our Indian restaurants.  So the end of the night included watching Indian music videos, eating chicken Marsala, and sipping on our own mango lassies.  I don't know how it could get any better. 

3 comments:

T said...

Have you seen Anthropologie's new bridal shop? http://www.bhldn.com/index.cfm
Some of their dresses remind me a lot of some of the gowns you have made.

Mandy said...

You can bribe me with Mango Lassies anytime! Of course I'm just as big a fool for Audry as I am for Lassies...
Love you!

Jeanette said...

Sweet! Got to love Audrey!