Monday, August 9, 2010

Metal in the desert


I love the desert.  I consider it the most creative place I know.  I guess I am not the only one who feels this way.   Here are some great examples of creative people doing interesting things in the desert. 



Anyway, the boys and I got invited to Lake Powell for 2 days.  It was the perfect amount of time.  I had to wait for fabric to come from New York, so there were no reasons not to go.  On our way down, we stopped at Hanksville.... because it would be cool to get a picture of hank by the sign.  Well, as we toured through the small metropolis we passed the most amazing town project.... or so I assume it was a town project.  There were 30 sculptures in front of an old motel made of random car parts.  The inspiration was dinosaurs.  Another example of why I love the desert.


Slade looks like he isn't too sure about this one.




Okay, these two images are just random ones I have snapped in the last year.  I guess in a round about way, it fits the theme.  Love the color of the blue truck. 


 Just love the horse shot.  This horse is really quite remarkable.  It is located outside of my brother and sister-in-law's restaurant,  The Painted Pony, in St. George. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Cool artwork! I'm glad to see that Pikachu and Dalmatian got to visit the desert, too.