I have a magnet on my fridge that says,
"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have."
It is attributed to Teddy Roosevelt.
I love this quote because it helps make life less overwhelming. There is so much need in the world, it makes me feel a bit hopeless. If I can break it down to this simple quote, I can handle it. I realize that at this point in my life, my influence is this little family of ours. If I can try to help these cute kids, I have done that most important job.
Just for the record, here are the things I am grateful for:
1. Time, this season we have had plenty of it.
2. The lack of snow! I might be most grateful for this. It contributes to the family time we have had this season. The husband hasn't been out all day plowing and controlling the ever oppressive snow.
3. Family and Friends, we feel lucky to have such great people in our lives.
4. Exercise time. This might be a huge contribution to the peace in this house. I have gotten to to hiking almost every day! When I am into a project, that is a rare thing, to be able to exercise.
5. The best and cutest kids we could imagine. Thanks to them, we have a happy and mostly peaceful house.
There are so many more things. But that is what I have been thinking about lately. In a few days, I will be mostly thinking of dresses. I will revel in this moment while I have it. And when I am involved in the dresses, I will revel in that moment.
I hope you can find your worlds full of wonder, peace, and happiness!